gnizr™ (gə-nīzər) is an open source application for social bookmarking and web mashup. It is easy to use gnizr to create a personalized del.icio.us-like portal for a group of friends and colleagues to store, classify, and share information, and mash-it-up with information about location.
Image Matters LLC contributed gnizr to the Open Source community, and continues to support its development as part of its gnizr Enterprise software.
- Archive saved bookmarks and organize bookmarks using tags and folders.
- Edit notes using WYSIWYG bookmark editor.
- Assign geographical location values to bookmarks and view bookmarks on a map.
- Define relationships between bookmark tags — broader, narrower and member-of.
- Tag bookmarks using Machine Tags.
- and many more.
- Built-on Java Servlet technology (WebWork + Spring)
- Front-end pages are written using the Freemarker template language
- MySQL backed database. All database operations are implemented as stored procedures.
- Semantic tag relationships are modeled based on the SKOS ontology.
- Supports various metadata output format: GeoRSS, RDF, RSS, Timeline XML and Clustermap XML.
- Geocoding machine tag uses Geonames web service.
As an open source project, gnizr allows developers worldwide to participate in creating the industry’s most advanced Web mashup and social bookmarking framework with spatial capabilities. Gnizr 2.2.0 final release is now available for download.