IndiaShines.com is the first Indian social network set up by region so members can immediately connect with neighbors sharing interests in entertainment, classified ads, jobs, events, news, music and videos.
Before IndiaShines.com was launched, India social networks were based on US and UK websites (Facebook, MySpace or Bebo). These sites did not address the diverse language, cultural and regional requirements of India citizens.
“India is known for its superior programming skills with HP, Microsoft and Fortune 500 companies outsourcing to us. Why shouldn’t our country have its own social networking community, programmed by elite India programmers who understand our culture? We wanted to do a site which directly benefits India.” said Saravana Kumar, CEO of India Ventures.
IndiaShines.com offers the following features:
- Connect with friends and family to share stories, photos and videos
- Find jobs and list classified ads by region
- Manage content with privacy tools so members can choose what the general public or groups can view.
- Customize member home pages with regional weather, photos, jobs, maps and news.
- Exchange viewpoints and information with groups and blogs.
IndiaShines.com has features similar to America’s YouTube, Blogger, Gmail, Craigslist, Flickr, Monster.com combined with the Weather Channel on one website. However, IndiaShines.com customizes their features for the specific regional needs of India.
And it gives back to India. Members earn 1 Rupee for each member they encourage to join IndiaShines.com. The money can be used by the member or donated to a children’s charity supporting India’s education.