Twitter is an excellent resource for learning, especially those who are building a business. You can learn about marketing, finance, and business lessons that you won’t learn in school, as well as see what other successful young entrepreneurs are up to. Check out this list to find 100 feeds young entrepreneurs should watch on Twitter.
These groups on Twitter cater to young entrepreneurs.
- Mediabistro: Mediabistro is a great community for news, opportunities, and more for media professionals.
- @yeos: If you’re a young entrepreneur in Sweden, be sure to follow @yeos to learn about networking, inspiration, and idea exchanging.
- @texasventures: Texas Ventures is an entrepreneur network and student organization for Texans.
- #yep: Tweeters taking part in #yep are young entrepreneurs and professionals on Twitter.
- the_pitch: You can learn a good deal about pitching from this contest for entrepreneurs.
- @thestartupeu: @thestartupeu represents a group that supports startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and more.
News & Advice
Follow these Twitter feeds to find news, advice, and more.
- @EntMagazineAmy: Amy Cosper is the editor in chief of Entrepreneur Magazine.
- @guykawasaki: Check out Guy Kawasaki for news in business and more.
- @digg_frontpage: Find out what’s on the Digg front page from this Twitter bot.
- @smallbusiness: Follow @smallbusiness to get updates on small business news.
- @entrepreneurpro: Follow Ben Lang’s Twitter to learn about teen entrepreneurs.
- @JohnChow: John Chow is a great person to follow if you’re interested in learning how to make money blogging.
- @WebWorkerDaily: Follow WebWorkerDaily, and you’ll learn about better using the web for work.
- @ginatrapani: Gina Trapani is the founder of Lifehacker, and guru of all things productivity.
- @JasonCalacanis: Jason Calacanis shares news and more about social media, blogs, and online entrepreneurship.
- @StartupGuru: Brian Tsuchiya’s feed is full of useful startup news links.
- @IncMagazine: Follow @IncMagazine, a magazine for entrepreneurs.
- @College_Mogul: @College_Mogul reports on startups, entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology.
- @EntMagazine: Follow Entrepreneur Magazine on Twitter here.
- @barefoot_exec: Carrie Wilkerson aims to educate, empower and encourage entrepreneurs young and old.
- @wiredmag: Get the official news feed of Wired magazine here, especially useful if you’re a young entrepreneur into technology.
- @onstartups: Read about startups from the founder and CTO of HubSpot.
- @teenbizcoach: Check out Shonika Proctor’s feed to learn how to use your talents for business.
If you’re interested in learning how to better market and brand your business, be sure to check out these Twitter feeds.
- @zappos: Follow @zappos to learn a thing or a thousand about good customer service and marketing.
- @missrogue: Tara Hunt is a great person to follow if you’d like to learn about marketing that works.
- @mashable: @mashable will help you make sense of the social web.
- @chrisbrogan: Chris Brogan is the president of New Marketing Labs, a social media agency and education company.
- @adbroad: Helen Klein Ross shares information about social media and more.
- @WillieCrawford: Willie Crawford is an excellent resource for learning about Internet marketing.
- @eMarketing_Tips: Get tips for emarketing, social media, and more from @eMarketing_Tips.
- @problogger: Follow Darren Rowse to learn how you can more effectively use your blog as an entrepreneur.
- @nichelady: On @nichelady’s feed, you’ll learn how to make payday come every day.
- @smmguide: Social Media Guide shares information about social media marketing.
- @darrenmonroe: Darren Monroe shares lots of tweets about leadership and web marketing.
- @marketingwizdom: Follow Robert Clay to learn about low risk/high return marketing strategies.
- @adhustler: @adhustler is all about affiliate marketing.
- @wbaustin: Bill Austin shares news from Internet marketing and beyond.
- @oudiantebi: Oudi Antebi is a social marketing expert and entrepreneur.
- @MrSocial: Mr. Social is a marketing guru and social media expert.
- @ScottAllen: Scott is an expert in social media, and loves to help entrepreneurs.
- @TYSONtheQUICK: Tyson is a marketing student and COO of Meisab Labs.
- @Debbas: Check out Debbas to learn about promotional items and printing from a professor of marketing.
- @brianadrian: Read Brian Adrian’s tweets to learn about social media and web 2.0 marketing.
- @DiyanaAlcheva: Diyana is a marketing specialist and Internet network marketing business coach.
- @danschawbel: Dan Schawbel of Personal Branding Blog will help you brand yourself and your business.
- @BrandKarma: Check out @BrandKarma to learn about branding for your business.
Follow these business and life coaches who can help you get a better handle on what you’re doing.
- @sacca: Christ Sacca offers advisement to startups.
- @mariaandeos: Check out Maria Anros to learn how to attract a following and new clients.
- @socrates_soc: Socrates is an Internet marketing expert and coach.
- @MariSmith: Mari Smith is a friendly social media trainer that loves to help others grow their business.
- @RonDavies: Follow Ron Davies to get coached in making the most of Twitter.
- @AndrewWindham: Andrew Windham is a professional speaker, entrepreneurial and business coach, and more.
- @GabeStrom: GabeStrom is a coach inspired to help you reach your full potential.
- @Rob_Moshe: Rob Moshe is a life success coach that can help you with attraction marketing.
Get inspiration, ideas, and more from these entrepreneurs on Twitter.
- @randfish: Rand Fishkin is the CEO of SEOmoz, a search optimization and Internet marketing firm.
- @richardbranson: Chairman of Virgin Group, Richard Branson is one of the most recognizable and successful entrepreneurs on Twitter.
- @boutiquegirl: Maiken Jepsen is a work at home mom, designer, and the owner of a boutique clothing shop.
- @RobMcNealy: Rob McNealy is full of inspiration for new entrepreneurs.
- @tferriss: Tim Ferriss is the author of #1 NY Times bestseller The 4-Hour Workweek.
- @kevinrose: This founder of Digg is full of random ideas.
- @r27: Rajesh Pancholi owns and operates the creative UK studio known as R27 Creativelab.
- @TEDchris: Chris Anderson and his organization share ideas worth spreading.
- @tonyrobbins: Get inspired by @tonyrobbins.
- @teenceo: Patricio Quezarda shares the details of being an emerging teen CEO and digital media mogul.
- @StaceyMonk: Stacey Monk is an entrepreneur and dogooder.
- @calbucci: Marcelo Calbucci is the founder and CTO of Sampa.
- @IncSpring: Wes Wilson’s IncSpring is a social marketplace for entrepreneurs.
- @stanleytang: @stanleytang is a 16 year old internet entrepreneur and best-selling author.
- @davesnyder: Check out Dave Snyder to learn about search and social media marketing.
- @sumaya: @Sumaya is a founder of The Cultural Connect, and has been recognized by Business Week as a top young entrepreneur.
- @nlw: Nathaniel Whitmore is the founder of Assetmap.org and a founding organizer of Change.org.
- Jeremy Schooley: Jeremy Schooley is the COO at Digital Labz.
- @gotmelik: Melik Yuksel is a 14 year old blogger, web and graphic designer, and entrepreneur.
- @sundaycosmetics: Beverly Davis is the entrepreneur behind Sunday Cosmetics.
- @rseanlindsay: Sean Lindsay wears the hats of entrepreneur, creator, connector, technologist, and builder.
- @darbydarnit: Petri Darby is the “Chief Darn Officer.”
- Joann Sondy: Joann is a seasoned entrepreneur and owner of Creative Aces.
- @netgeek06: Thomson Chemmanoor is the founder of Digital Labz.
- @chrispund: Chris Pund writes a blog for young entrepreneurs and even manages two web-based companies of his own.
- @RickM: Rick Myers is the founder and CEO of Talent Zoo.
Finance & Venture Capital
These Twitter feeds will teach you the economics and finance lessons you weren’t taught in college.
- @freakonomics: Get more of the goodness found in the Freakonomics blog from @freakonomics.
- @mintdotcom: Learn about finance, money tips, and more from Mint.
- @turbotax: Check out Turbo Tax to get the tax help every young entrepreneur needs.
- @planetmoney: @planetmoney will help you get a handle on the global economy.
- @vctips: Get a look into the minds of venture capitalists from @vctips.
Blogs & Writers
Check out these Twitter feeds to find excellent advice from bloggers and writers concerned with young entrepreneurs.
- @YoungGoGetter: @YoungGoGetter will keep you up to date on the latest for young entrepreneurs.
- @Retireat21: This blogger is all about helping young entrepreneurs make money online.
- @TPEntrepreneur: The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur will help you go from aspiring young entrepreneur to industry leader.
- @socialentrprnr: If you’re an entrepreneur focused on social change, be sure to check out @socialentrprnr.
- @yarostarak: Yaro is a professional blogger full of advice for bloggers and Internet marketers.
- @garyvee: Check out @garyvee to see how social media can improve your business.
- @shoemoney: Jeremy Schoemaker is a blogger that can help you learn how to make money with your blog.
- @Gladwell: Malcolm Gladwell’s Twitter will have you always thinking about success.
- @venturehacks: @venturehacks aims to be a business school for entrepreneurs.
- @MattWilsontv: Matt Wilson supports entrepreneurs under 30.
- @doshdosh: @doshdosh is a great resource for Internet marketing and making money online.
- @copyblogger: Brian Clark will teach you about new media content.
- @thebizguy: Find tweets from Adam, a cofounder of YoungEntrepreneur.com on @thebizguy.
- @penelopetrunk: Follow Penelope to learn about the intersection of work and life.
- @ramit: Ramit Sethi of I Will Teach You to Be Rich and PBWiki is a goldmine of knowledge for young entrepreneurs.
Thanks to Tiffany Davis, Select Courses – It is never too late to learn.