VideoEgg, the engagement ad network, achieves 100 per cent year-on-year global sales growth, starting in June 2009, despite the global recession. Supported by considerable growth in the UK market, with global revenues exceeding $25 million.
The privately held company was founded in 2005 and 2009 represented a year of business maturation for VideoEgg, as it solidified operations across nine markets and four countries. VideoEgg also expanded product offerings for brand advertisers and grew its network to reach more than 100 million consumers per month. Today in the UK, VideoEgg reaches 15 million people.
“VideoEgg’s growth is indicative of the company’s ability to consistently deliver the right mix of creative services, ad products and research to meet advertisers’ needs. As we move into 2010, we believe our distinctive solution set will continue to drive company growth and profitability.” said Matt Sanchez, CEO of VideoEgg.
VideoEgg’s 2009 growth milestones include:
- Seven consecutive months of profitability
- 100 per cent year-on-year global sales growth
- Global revenues exceeding $25 million
- Successful operations in nine markets, include three international offices
- Reaching 100 million global unique users across its network, including 15 million in the UK
- Delivering one billion impressions per month
- Attracting many of the UK’s largest brands including HP, Microsoft’s X-Box and Samsung.
VideoEgg’s revenue growth is directly linked to its ability to anticipate and address the challenges faced by brands in today’s shifting media environment. Historically, online advertising delivered brand messages with short, static images and success was measured by clicks and page views. As the industry evolved, time – and audience-based models emerged as a more effective way to reach consumers and bring value to non-traditional media environments. As a result, advertisers have moved beyond solely buying impressions; they need customized ad solutions that deliver attention.