With consumer electronics products on the minds of American’s coast to coast this week because of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2012, many may be deciding on what products they want to purchase and when they should buy. With the industry buzzing about the latest tablets, 3D TVs, laptops, smartphones and cameras, the information bombarding consumers can be overwhelming.
As prices seem to rise or fall on a weekly basis, consumers want to make sure they are buying at the right time and not overpaying. To help make the process easier, and therefore make shoppers smarter, Decide.com has launched smartphone apps to help consumers know whether they should wait or buy now.
Powered by more than 100 terabytes of historical data and the same team behind the airfare predictions at Farecast, the Decide App makes it fun and easy to decide on electronics.
Leveraging proprietary algorithms and over eight billion price observations to deliver the most accurate, up-to-date recommendations, the Decide App helps consumers:
- Check prices and see the lowest prices online and nearby for hundreds of thousands of electronics products
- Get instant price and model predictions to see if they should BUY NOW or WAIT
- Set product alerts to be notified when prices drop
- Know if a new and improved version of a product is predicted or is already available
- Check product ratings and reviews from other shoppers
The Decide iOS app was released in late 2011 and the app for Android app will be released shortly.