Juxtapost is here to help you remember all the amazing things you see while you browse the web. From planning a wedding, to furnishing a room, there is no end to the number of things people use the web for. However with all its infinite options, managing what you find has become a massive undertaking.
For years, web users have relied on a browser’s bookmark tool to save what they find, however this has become far too ineffective when attempting to organize more than a few dozen pages. That’s where Juxtapost steps in.
It’s sole ambition is to provide members with easy-to-use tools to “bookmark” the photos into categorized PostBoards (collection of posts) they can easily maintain, even if their collection spirals to hundreds of websites.
The discovery aspect of Juxtapost is just as simple. Members browse the streams of other members to see what they’re posting and have the option to comment, share or re-post items to their PostBoards. The power of social discovery becomes readily apparent when you begin to follow people/friends with your similar style or tastes, it’s like browsing the web all your friends.
Juxtapost Employs a Simple-to-Use Bookmarklet to :
- Allow members to “post” any image they see while they browse the web to a PostBoards or to their Facebook wall.
- They can also recommend the post to any friend on Facebook or anyone e-mail address.
- They can also browse the postings of other members, organized by categories such as DIY crafts, Weddings, Culinary, Humor, etc..
- They can re-post things they see at Juxtapost, effectively making surfing the web a social experience.
What Makes Juxtapost Different than its Competitors?
There are lots of social discovery websites available, but Juxtapost stands out from the crowd for offering a few unique tools to help streamline the process.
- Easy Facebook Sign-Ups – Members can join instantly with nearly one-click Facebook sign-ups.
- Intelligent Automatic Descriptions – Anyone familiar with social discovery sites knows the fatigue that sets in when you have type “chair” every time you pin a nice chair you see. Juxtapost automatically attempts to fill a description to save them the hassle by evaluating the content on the page and choosing an appropriate description for the image.
- Private PostBoards – Nearly all social discovery websites force you to make your finds public, Juxtapost gives you the option. Set your PostBoards private so that you can plan a surprise event or keep some discoveries personal.
- Automatic Color-Index – Juxtapost indexes the color palette of the image so that it can organize searches by color.
- Exportable – Juxtapost gives members the ability to export all posted data to an Excel spreadsheet. This simple feature is a god-send to planners who wish to use their vast collections to make purchases or plan a room/event in the real-world. Why have a collection that can only exist on a website as a contact-sheet? It makes sense to take your collection with you and use as you see fit.
Juxtapost was founded July 2011, it launched December 12th 2011. It is based in Irvine, CA and is currently self-funded.