Snapguide, a new iOS app and web service for those that want to create and share step-by-step “how to guides,” launched for free in the Apple App Store. The app, which features hundreds of user created guides, provides easy to understand instructions for a wide array of topics including cooking, gardening, crafts, repairs, DIY projects, fashion tips, entertaining and more.
Users are invited to submit their own guides, so that they can share their passions and expertise with the Snapguide community.
Features of Snapguide include:
- Discover new things : Explore step-by-step guides on topics from cooking to crafts. Guides are viewable on the web, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Create your own guide : Use your iPhone to snap pictures and videos of your project. Add captions using voice-to-text or type them in by hand.
- Learn together : Connect with people who share your interests. Comment on a Snapguide and privately message other users.
- Share with others : Post guides to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and send via email.
- Voice dictation : Powered by Nuance to ensure that spoken text is accurate and reliable.
Snapguide was created by a small, passionate team in San Francisco, California and was founded by Daniel Raffel and Steve Krulewitz. Daniel was previously the product lead on Yahoo! Pipes. Prior to Yahoo! he worked as a chef at Per Se in NYC. Steve is an accomplished software engineer who previously worked on Google Chrome.
Snapguide is available in the App Store for free, download now!