I thought you might be interested in this infographic from Overgram, the new, free app that allows users to place text over their photos. The infographic provides insights on the history of photography from the first photo, to the first high speed photos, to color pictures, to the advent of digital photography, to Facebook and Instagram and photo sharing.
Stats from the infographic include:
- The first photograph required an eight hour exposure
- More than 3.5 trillion photos have been taken since the first photo
- 70% of all Facebook activity is based on photos
- 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook everyday
- Photos make up 42% of all posts on Tumblr
- 91% of all smartphone owners take at least one photo per month