With each passing year, social media seems to influence our lives in more impactful ways. 2012 is no exception.
From Pinterest, Facebook Timeline, Facebook’s IPO, SOPA, U.S. President Barack Obama‘s re-election, to PSY’s “Gangnam style” becoming most watched music video (1 billion views in YouTube) this year have been quite eventful on social media. But that’s just the beginning.
Some interesting facts of social media (as per this infographic) –
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 billion
- 30% of users who make a public post on Google+ never make a 2nd one.
- User’s time on social media grew from 88 billion minutes to 212 billion minutes in the U.S.
- 80% of Pinterest Pins have become repins.
- Barack Obama’s victory Facebook post was most liked post ever with over 4.4 million likes.
Find out which events stole the show on social media platforms and made 2012 their year.
Click Image to Enlarge/Full View